Fact of the week:
- Riding a bike is much more pleasurable when you put some air into the tyres. 😀
Quote of the week:
- We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. Fredrick Koenig
Article of the week:
- In the age of Internet and social media, the world has become more connected and yet we seem to be drifting further apart. Youngsters don’t use the library to gather material for their papers and projects, they spend hours and hours in front of their computers talking to their friends, but somehow their social skills seem to be quite limited. A Boston College professor decided to do something about it when a student asked her “How would you ask someone on a date?”, and as she began to answer, the questioner became more specific: “Like, the actual words.” Afterwards, she made her students go out on dates as part of her seminar.
- This one isn’t technically an article but a blog post, but it conveys a great message. I don’t believe in giving my kids allowance. I believe if they live in this house they should be responsible for picking up after themselves without getting paid. I was never given an allowance, it was just understood that you have to help with the chores, and because my mum also worked at the weekends, I learnt how to cook pretty quickly. I find it really surprising that children and even some adults don’t know how to cook.
- The Earth sure is beautiful.
Song of the week:
- This week it’s Demons by Imagine Dragons.
Photo of the week:
- Although I laughed when seeing the photo, it also makes me sad because in a way it is true that we have forgotten how to do the regular things.
Activity of the week:
- Trying to escape the storm a couple of times during the week. The score? 1:1. 🙂 It’s kind of hard to imagine that the sky would turn from beautifully blue to dangerously dark grey. 🙂
- A bit of retail therapy. The blue-and-purple jumper (on the left) and the blue cardigan (right) are from Orsay, the green and white top is from Takko fashion.
- I love just walking along the stalls at the market and enjoying the great colours and smells.
- I also found blackberries and decided to try them out – yes, I’ve never really eaten them before, believe it or not. 🙂
- There was also a baseball competition – got woken up by the shouts (and the field is about 300m away). It brought back memories of when I trained softball.
- Tourists really had something to see this weekend. They could see what life was like in Roman times and also taste food.
- And then there was the mediaeval fair.
I hope you had a great week!
Also check out www.heal-and-prosper.com!