Fact of the week:
- It shouldn’t be so cold in Summer. 😦 This week we had a really cold and miserable day – it even snowed in the higher parts of the country! Crazy weather. So I did what everyone should do on such a day – I pampered myself. 🙂
Quote of the week:
- I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most – to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person. by Audrey Hepburn
Article of the week:
- Should you ever find yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere, these 7 survival tips might help.
Photos of the week:
- Some people are really talented and creative. I don’t think my hands would be steady enough to make this from chocolate.
- I’ve been thinking about buying a new laptop (or a tablet) because the one I have now is really, really slow. While I was checking out what is out there, I saw this phone which reminded me of my childhood. I hated it when you were dialing the number and your finger slipped out of the circle so you had to start dialing again. 😀
Activities of the week:
- Getting woken up at 2.30 a.m. is definitely not how I imagined my first day of my holidays but it was for a good cause, so to speak, as my younger sister went into labour so I had to go to her place in the middle of the night to take care of her eldest child. I almost went out in my pyjamas, and I also packed way too many things in my bag for just half a night, but that’s what happens when your brain is still on sleep mode. 😀 😀 😀
- I was cleaning out my office last week (a really needed task that was on my to-do list since last year) and I continued with this at home. It feels really liberating when you throw away 2 bags of paper (into the recycling bin, of course 🙂 ), and I also ended up taking two bags of material to my office – one bag will be given to a co-worker as it contains material she will be more than happy to use at her classes. It’s nice when you de-clutter your home and also do a good deed. 🙂
- I have a really nice neighbour who often signs for my post so that I don’t need to go to the post office, and it was nice to do something for him in return (OK, I do help him carry his grocery shopping to his flat when I have empty hands) or should I say his dog. 🙂
- Due to cold weather such clothes are required:
- I was craving pancakes for a few days so I finally decided to make a few. I used hemp powder for the first time and I must say that it didn’t make pancakes taste differently. It was also time for a different filling from what I used to put in (either jam or Nutella) – I sliced a banana to add that sweetness to it. 😀
- I found a nice booklet for my niece this week. My sister has recently told me that her daughter/my niece started getting interested in clothes so I knew that this booklet would be perfect for her. It includes six princess dolls and lots of press-out party outfits and accessories to mix and match. You get some fancy dresses, tiaras, bags, scarves, and pyjamas (as my sis informed me). They are by Vivian French, they are called The Tiara Club and you have many to choose from (click on the link to find out more).
- Every Saturday morning I usually ride my bike to the fish market to buy myself some fresh fish for lunch. I stopped in C&A this week and this dress got my attention. I am just waiting for next week’s sales to start to see if the price gets lower. What do you think of it?
Song of the week:
- I heard this one on the radio twice this week. I really like the melody and her voice. It’s Read all about it by Emeli Sande.