Fact of the week:
- I need sleep. Lots of sleep. And sun. 😀
Quote of the week:
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Chinese proverb
Articles of the week:
- I live in Sweden because the taxes are higher, nobody is starving, good health care, free schools and universities. It’s a civilized country and I like that. Interview with Stellan Skarsgård
- I usually post great ideas – either related to improving your home, making it look better, or ideas how to do something. Well, this time I am posting some really, really dumb ideas – please, do not try them.
- One of the coolest commercial in recent years!
Photo of the week:
- Modern children. 😀
Activities of the week:
- I had been searching for a small handbag that would be soft, come with a silver chain, and wouldn’t cost a fortune, and after months of searching I found the one. I found it completely by accident – had to run some errands in a part of town I almost never visit and then I had about 30 minutes before my bus came so I decided to check out the shops in that particular shopping centre. It is made by Carpisa and I got it for half the price as they had a sale on 😀
- I was supposed to play mini golf with two of my friends but one of them started having back problems so we had to reschedule. Instead, I went for a walk with the other friend. It was nice to catch up for that hour. 🙂
- Gargling sage, taking vitamin C tablets – oh, yes, the toll of the first week back to work and having to talk a lot. Usually, my throat would manage until 3rd week. So the weekend was spent on self-imposed voice rest.
- I also did an energy cleanse of my home with rice and salt which meant that I had a lot of cleaning to do the next day. 😉 I remember that the first time I did it I had a really hard time waiting for 24 hours before I could clean it, I just felt so nervous. Since I spent about 3 hours cleaning the flat the last time, I decided to be a bit wiser as to where I put the salt and rice so it only took me about an hour this time (sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning). 😀
- Most people in my country think that teachers work from 8 to 12 and have all the holidays off, but it’s mostly those who don’t work as a teacher or who don’t know anyone who works as a teacher. In fact, my Saturday afternoon was spent correcting my pupils’ book summaries – as I have 55 pupils in grades 7-9 and each had to write 5 summaries during summer holidays you can do the maths and see how many pages I had to go through (and some wrote more than one page per book):
Song of the week:
- I heard this one on the radio just before I started writing this post and I really like the lyrics. It is Bruno Mars and his Count on Me: