Fact of the week:
- I’m a different person at work from when I am with friends. And it is not that I am pretending to be someone I’m not, it is just that my job involves responsibility and results, so I have to be a bit more serious and strict. However, I definitely prefer the fun me a hundred per cent. Now, I only need to win the lottery so I can be fun all the time. 😀 😛
Quote of the week:
- Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. by James Barrie
Articles of the week:
- OMG, these umbrellas are the best! I want the one with the branches and leaves, then the one with the blue sky, and where was the dogbrella when I had a dog? Ah, the wheel and seal one would brighten other people’s days, and the backpack one would often come in handy. Which one is your favourite?
- Are superfoods really that super or can they actually cause diseases and weight gain?
Photo of the week:
- I saw this product at a store and it just made me smile – it’s that kind of humour you develop if you have ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease. 😉
Activities of the week:
- A bird pooped on me on Monday while I was sitting on a bench with a pupil of mine. I had to go outside and warm myself up in the sun because my classroom is freezing (it’s on the North side). I would normally be a bit upset about the pooping part, but it is supposed to bring good luck. 😀
- Then, on Tuesday, there was a huge rainbow across the sky! What was so special about it? First, it hadn’t been raining before, and secondly, it lasted for about an hour and a half. Unfortunately, I didn’t take my mobile or camera with me.
- My sister decided that she would take her daughter out of the kindergarten until March so that she doesn’t bring any illnesses home – she has to think of her son who is only 2 months old. I brought my niece some booklets for colouring and drawing, as well as some watercolours, so that she doesn’t get bored. And while I was there I enjoyed the sun.
- And then I woke up into a rainy Saturday morning. 😦 So, what is a girl to do? Some ironing, for example. I mean, it had to be done so a rainy morning is just perfect for such an activity. It fills the time between breakfast and preparing lunch. 😛
- Oh, while I was eating I noticed that my spelt grits formed a lovely shape. 🙂
- The weather cleared so I went into the centre, this time without the bike because it looked like it might rain again. There were a lot of tourists and luckily they had something to do. Here are some photos I took.
- Today was the last day of Summer, and what a perfect day it was! It was better than most of the days of this year’s Summer – it was mostly sunny, the temperatures went up to 27°C, the wind was pleasant, shorts, a tank top, and flip-flops were all that was needed! 😀 Really, just a perfect way to say goodbye. 😉 I must admit that Spring and Summer are my favourite seasons – Spring because the days are getting longer, everything turns green, the flowers begin to blossom, and there is just a sense of optimism in the air; Summer is great because I have a long holiday so I can really relax, take it easy, sleep long, do what I please, swim a lot, be carefree, wear flip-flops, do a lot of sports, etc. Every year, I start feeling sad as August is coming to an end, knowing that there will be shorter and colder days ahead, with lots of fog, too many clothes. I really could live somewhere where it is 18°C in the morning, 28°C during the day, with lots of sunshine; I wouldn’t miss the snow at all, especially because I don’t ski. 😛 And here are two photos I took while riding my bike.
Song of the week:
- Miss Kelly Clarkson and her Breakaway. I love her songs, especially the earlier ones. They are just great to sing along. 🙂
And how was your week?