Fact of the week:
- I really could use a few million Euros. 😉 😀 If anyone reading this has a few to spare, just contact me. 😀 Dollars, pounds, yens are also accepted. 😀 😛
Quote of the week:
- I make progress by having people around me who are smarter than I am – and listening to them. And I assume that everyone is smarter about something than I am. by Henry Kaiser
Articles of the week:
Sometimes, I fall in my dreams and my whole body twitches. It always happens when I am walking down the stairs and I have a feeling that I will miss one of them and fall. I sometimes get the same feeling when walking down the stairs awake. Has this ever happened to you? I am sure that some of these staircases, however beautiful they are, would have the same effect on me. But I would love the one with the slide – I would probably use it every single time. 🙂
Oh, what a good laugh I have just had while reading these! Which one is your favourite?
- Lena Dunham gives good advice.
Photo of the week:
Activities of the week:
- Boy, was I happy that I came home in time as I didn’t have my umbrella with me. 😀 I texted this photo to my sister because it was sunny where she lived but this was coming her way.
- It was quite a busy and stressful week – we had a teachers’ conference on Tuesday that lasted until 8 p.m. The headteacher wanted us to continue, but we just couldn’t, especially as many teachers had a long field trip with the pupils the next day. Then on Thursday, we had science day – we went to a river and talked about life in it. It was really cold, and the last 30 minutes we were blessed with rain, so I was really grateful for my air conditioner and a blanket when I came home.
- There are times when I really don’t like being a teacher – when I have to deal with unruly, aggressive pupils, and when having to defend my teaching and grading pupils’ oral presentations. Raising children is what parents should do, not teachers. I only see your child three or four times a week for 45 minutes (along with his/her classmates), and I cannot do miracles if you have failed as a parent. To top it all off, why should I have regular meetings about the behaviour of your child and how I can correct it, but you as a parent don’t have to be present? In addition, if I give your child a reprimand, I can have the school inspection breathing down my neck, asking me what I had done in order to prevent such behaviour that lead to the reprimand? Excuse me, go to the parents and ask them. Grrrr! OK, rant over. 😉
- I saw these two wooden spoons at a store and they made me smile. 🙂 They make cooking that much more fun. 😀
- I went to speed dating again. It wasn’t as tiresome as the last time, but I cannot say that I have found someone special just yet. There were three repeat dates again, luckily none of them was the one who didn’t say much, which made the 7 minutes the longest 7 minutes of my life. 😉
- The weekend was sunny so I made the most of it. 😀
- I finally made it to mini golf! 🙂 It was time after talking about it for three months. 😛 Granted, it was closed for about a month and a half due to reconstruction, but nonetheless. And I won! 😀
Song of the week:
- I am returning to male voices this week. 😀 I’ve heard this one numerous times on the radio and thought it had nice lyrics so I’ve chosen it as song of the week. It’s All of Me by John Legend.