Fact of the week:
- Lemons are not my friends. People with IBD (Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis) will relate and understand.
Quote of the week:
- The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have always been kindness, beauty, and truth. by Albert Einstein
Articles & videos of the week:
- The Dutch have glow-in-the-dark highways! Fabulous!
- I do think that in our desperate quest to create happy kids, we may be assuming the wrong moral burden. It strikes me as a better goal, and, dare I say, a more virtuous one, to focus on making productive kids and moral kids, and to simply hope that happiness will come to them by virtue of the good that they do and their accomplishments and the love that they feel from us. You can read more about it here.
- I’ve never been a fan of Kevin Spacey but I must admit that his impressions are spot on!
- I love Ellen, and her sending Andy to haunted houses is brilliant! I cried watching this one:
Photo of the week:
- A good one. I must admit I have said something similar when it comes to a dentist. 😛
Activities of the week:
- Sleep, sleep, and lots of sleep. And I’ve been really good – going to bed at 9 p.m.
- Eating fish for lunch on most days of the week! 😀
- I also went to the cemetery and lit a candle for my grandpa who passed away this year and for my grandma.
- I also did a bit of shopping, and this is what I bought. I normally don’t wear black, and I think that this is the only black thing in my wardrobe (not counting the shoes). It was 25 % off so it only cost me about €12.
- On Wednesday evening I get a phone call from my 4-year-old niece, and the first thing she says is Bring me a pumpkin. I already envision myself walking along the nearby fields trying to find a pumpkin. Luckily, my sister takes the phone and tells me that she wants the pumpkin that she had bought many years ago as Halloween decoration (we don’t really celebrate Halloween in my country). And it is in the basement. Somewhere, among her many boxes. So I go in search for it – managed to find it in the last box I looked into, and I also found so many vases and candle holders that I could start selling them. 🙂 I forgot about all that junk that my sister bought years ago – for our studio flat. 😀 And here is a photo of this pumpking – really frightening, ha? 😉
- And we found another stray kitten. I hope it isn’t and that it belongs to a nearby house where they have quite a few cats. Luckily, I still had some cat food at home from feeding the previous stray kitten we had found. It’s quite interesting that the first time we saw and fed it, it allowed us to pet it, but the next time it wouldn’t.
- I saw my favourite potica in the store this week – the carob one (stores rarely carry this one as it isn’t as widespread as the walnut one), and at first I just wanted to smell it, but then I caved in and bought one. I took it to my sister’s and took two slices home. I haven’t eaten it in more than 2 years now due to ulcerative colitis and me being extra careful when it comes to what I put into my mouth, but like anyone else I also have my moments of weakness. I did read on a Facebook page with people who have IBD that some eat it without any issues so I gave it a try. 😀
Song of the week:
- Will Smith and his Summertime. 😀