Fact of the week:
- Christmas spirit starts after I hear Last Christmas by Wham and All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey. 😀
Quote of the week:
- Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things even if you don’t get anything in return. It is the joy of our life to do them. When we do good things from this inner desire, there is kindness in everything we think, say, want, and do. by Emmanuel Swedenborg
Photo of the week:
- It just has to be a photo of a Christmas tree, doesn’t it? 🙂
Articles of the week:
- Perhaps you are tired of having the same Christmas tree year after year – have a look at these ideas and you just might find an inspiration for this year. I must say that the first one is mind-blowing.
- Amazon is surely swamped with orders his time of year, and they have robots helping them.
- Do you have problems when it comes to wrapping your gifts? Then this video just might help you wrap them quickly and without wasting a lot of wrapping paper. Warning: it involves Maths. 😀
- 100 years of beauty trends in a minute and a half.
Activities of the week:
- Finally, we had a proper sunny day. I think it has been weeks since seeing the sun, all we get is clouds and fog in my town. That is why I really don’t like late autumn and early winter. The appearance of the sun did bring lower temperatures (below zero degrees Celsius) but after not seeing the sun for weeks, you don’t really mind having to put on an extra layer of clothing. 😀
- New benches have also been installed – these will be great throughout the whole year. A friend of mine and I had been saying for years that they should put more benches along the path, and finally they are here! 😀 Now, all we need is a new bridge. 😀
- I know that Christmas is still two weeks away, but with my wrapping skills I need to start early. Besides, shopping is tiresome so I cannot do it in one go. I don’t own a car so there is only that much that I can carry. 😉 These are the gifts that I have bought and wrapped so far. I still have a lot more to do.
- The Christmas/New Year stalls have also been opened. You can get mulled wine, hats, scarves, sweets, honey, chocolates, gloves, and many more.
- I saw my favourite potica in the store the other day and it was 50% off so I bought t. I thought about cutting myself a slice or two and giving the rest to my sister like I did the previous time. I ate the two slices and had absolutely no problems – no pain, no cramps, no running to the toilet, so I just kept the whole for myself. I was pleasantly surprised and, of course, extremely happy. 😀
Song of the week:
- Yup, I have to put a Christmasy song here today so I am giving you Last Christmas by Wham.