Fact of the week:
- Giving presents is as good as receiving them when you have a great idea what to give. 🙂
Quote of the week:
- Christmas is the perfect time to discover the child in you – get really excited about the presents you receive, play some fun board games, make a snow angel or two (if there is snow), go sleighing, catch snowflakes with your tongue … just enjoy and appreciate each moment. by me
Photo of the week:
- The weather was so (untypically) warm the previous week that even the flowers got confused. 😉 🙂 We did get snow yesterday though.
Articles of the week:
- I have read so many heart-warming stories in the last two weeks and I have cried so many tears from being moved by them it is only fair that I share some: A son pays off his parents’ mortgage, A dog gets saved from a well, and What a homeless man did with $100.
- I really don’t get it why people hate homosexuals, they haven’t done anything to you, so I really can’t comprehend why one would go to such extremes. But I love the couple’s response. 😀
Activities of the week:
- I haven’t been very active this week because I am nursing a foot injury so I cannot really walk. I guess I got it while working out. I didn’t feel like there was something wrong until the next day when I started feeling pain in my right sole. The pain gradually increased over the next few days along with the swelling, so I try not to walk and when I do, I try to only use the heel. I can’t take any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (NSAID) because of my ulcerative colitis because they worsen the situation. I remember 4 years ago when I injured a toe on my other foot, my GP prescribed me NSAID because at that time I didn’t know I had IBD. I would get some slight stomach pains and my stomach would make weird noises, so I stopped taking them after about 7 or 10 days and went back to my doctor who said I had a sensitive stomach and prescribed me Buscopan pills for stomach. It didn’t make sense to me so I didn’t take neither. 😛 Meet my new best friend. 😉 It really sucks to have to ice your foot while it is cold outside, but then again it is better that it happened now because the cold weather just isn’t my cup of tea and I spend most of the day indoors anyway. 😛
- It was Christmas this week. I don’t really celebrate it because I am not a Christian and we never celebrated it when I was younger. My family does meet up because it is the only time when we are all off work, and New Year’s is reserved for everyone to do what they want – when you have teenagers, they want to be with their friends, go out and party with their friends. 😉 So I did a lot of gift wrapping.
- At our Christmas get together we played Activity. I was the most desired partner – I guess it has something to do with my win last year, but we played another game. I guess they hadn’t thought of my bad drawing skills. 🙂 This year I teamed up with my younger nephew and we won! 🙂
- About a month ago I gave my sister and my oldest nephew Paula’s Choice sample sets – each got the one that is suitable for their skin type, and this week I talked to my nephew about the products. He had been using some other skin product before, trying to tackle his teenage skin, and he said that when he used the ones by Paula’s Choice, he could feel the difference immediately. He really loved it made his skin soft, so I am guessing he will buy the products. I’m really looking forward to what he has to say in a few months. 🙂
- I also got a nice parcel. I entered a competition and I won! The prize was a biscuit baking set.
- I received a lovely present from one of my pupils.
- And this was a present from my little niece. As you can see, it is already on top of my Christmas tree. 😀
- Once again, I found one of these:
- Seeing plastic bags drying made me think of my childhood. We were very poor so we couldn’t afford to buy new plastic bags that often, which meant we had to bring back the rubbish bags we had emptied into the rubbish bins and we re-used them, the same goes with bags we used for freezing food. We would wash them and then use them again and again and again. It seemed disguisting, but it was actually quite eco-friendly.
Song of the week:
- John Lennon and his Imagine. Beautiful song. Beautiful lyrics. Beautiful message.